This blog is set to automatically refresh every 10 minutes. Please close this page as you leave!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Let the fun begin!

Since yesterday I have been looking into ways of expanding the things I do online. Again as before I have a whole range of ideas and one of the newest ones is a kind of download site.

It won't be your usual try and buy rubbish as every single download on the site will be FREE.

So would that mean I will give XP away on the site? Not at all!

The download section of the main company website will be there specifically to promote free software. That includes mobile phone apps, image editing, music apps, etc.

But I can hear you all saying that there are too many sites like it around on the internet. But that is exactly the point. If you want to find high quality free software you tend to spend hours searching these free software sites, most of which fob you off with bull before you even get to what you want. Or even worse they get you to install their app first to download the app you want.

So that is where I will be stepping in. Bringing in a user recommended software list with direct downloads that has no bull, no ads and certainly no strings attached.

(got stuck thinking and not sure how to really move to the next subject)

Well anyway that is one other thing to add the already growing list. So the next thing to look into is linking all my personal stuff together.

As many of you know I am on facebook, bebo and a whole host of others I cant be too bothered in listing. But with all those sites I have one big issue. Which one do I update? Which one do I keep running? Why keep them?

To be honest the more social networking sites, dating sites, etc that I find myself on brings more and more time consuming things I don't really want or need. So as of this post I am going to track down and list every single site which I am a part of so that you guys and of course those guys can see all the different information I have around all the different sites.

Now the next issue, how the hell do I create a link setup for all of them where each one links back. OK well it's not really an issue, why? Simple, this post goes to two websites, the blog itself http://proproductions.blogspot.com and my personal web page http://www.peter-baker.me.uk

So all I really have to do is create the links on these two sites, a sidebar widget on blogspot and a full page on my personal site. Easy eh?

So with that easy part out of the way the next one is to work out which one to really link to first and the answer is? My personal site, for the simple reason that one day (maybe soon) this blog will move right over to my personal site with it's own blogging software.

Infact my entire aim is to have everything I do online condensed into two websites, personal and buisness. And currently I have too many personal places that are not known along with multiple buisness sites. So by condesing those into a smaller number of places and creating links, I can then in effect create a much larger online presense and of course make it easier for people to actually find things.

So those are the ideas and plans as of now and again these are being added to my previous list of things. But some of the ideas in this post would work out better if there were done sooner rather than later.

So make sure you check out http://www.peter-baker.me.uk to find the long list of sites I am on.

No comments: