This blog is set to automatically refresh every 10 minutes. Please close this page as you leave!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

IT'S ALIVE!!!

For a change I have a post about good news, amazing isn't it? Okay, it's not that amazing but it still is good. In fact as of earlier today my main PC got resurrected with a replacement PSU and a few tweeks with the BIOS.

Getting the PSU involved a good few hours digging in the spare room which is full of various electrical components (more on that room in a future post) but there was a problem. The PSU seems to have come from a mini ATX case and so the PSU is smaller than standard and it's cables are pretty short. So I went on the dig again and found another dead PSU which I stripped of its power cables and then patched up with an broken fan power hookup. (picture for that soon too)

The result? A fully working PSU which not only does the job but allows a little connector space for add-ons.

Now for the BIOS issue, as I said before it seemed fried as the system when tried with the faulty PSU seemed to stick on the initial post logo. But with the working PSU it still got stuck and after a quick clear CMOS jumper change all went well. The system booted right into the OS like there hadn't been an issue.

So fingers crossed tomorrow I will be able to attempt a few web site updates.

Congrats to me!

No comments: